This 5 ingredient recipe comes together quickly for a tasty one-dish meal.
- Non-stick spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons low-fat or nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped vegetables (any type)
- 2 Tablespoons grated cheese (any type)
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Lightly spray the inside of a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug.
- Combine all ingredients in the mug using a fork. Wash hands after cracking egg.
- Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir. Return to the microwave and cook on HIGH until the egg is puffed, set, and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 60 to 90 seconds. The omelet may look wet on the top but it will continue cooking as it cools.
- Our favorite mix-ins: bell pepper, spinach, onion, tomato…really any left-over vegetable!
- Try this mug omelet for a yummy breakfast or for a super quick meal anytime of day.
- If using frozen vegetables, defrost and cook them first. Then gently press any additional water out.
- Serve with whole wheat toast, fruit, and a cold glass of milk for a complete meal.