Satisfy your craving for stirfry with this fresh, healthy, affordable recipe that's easy to make at home.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium. Add onion, red bell pepper and sauté until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger. Sauté 30 seconds more.
- Remove these vegetables from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Turn heat up to medium-high. Add the broccoli to the hot oil and stir-fry about 8-10 minutes. Add water to pan as broccoli cooks.
- Reduce heat, add the vegetables back in and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir and let sit covered for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, whole grain pasta or riced cauliflower.
- Try almost any vegetable in this quick cooking method meal: summer squash, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, bok choy, water chestnuts, cauliflower or whatever you need to use up in your refrigerator.
- Add a few ounces of cooked meat to boost the protein further.
- No nuts on hand? Try mixing in 3-4 tablespoons peanut butter into the soy sauce before adding to the pan for a nutty taste without the crunch.