|Source||Food Talk Farmer's Market|
Try this juicy vegetable recipe that mimics mini pizzas, providing you with many wonderful vitamins and nutrients.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Slice eggplant into thick slices. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange eggplant on baking sheets.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Top each eggplant slider with 1 tbsp sauce, then 2 tbsp cheese, and finally 1 tsp breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Make this recipe when eggplant is in season, usually summer and early fall.
- Select small, smooth, and shiny eggplants that feel heavy for their size.
- For parents: have kids top the eggplants as you slice them.
150 calories, 7g fat, 9g protein, 14g carb, 260mg sodium, 2% vitamin C, 4% vitamin A, 15% calcium