|Source||UGA Extension EFNEP|
These flavorful muffins are a great way to get your kids (and yourself!) to eat more vegetables without even noticing it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain carrots of salty liquid and pour onto dinner-sized plate.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over carrots.
- Mash with fork until all pieces of carrot are about the size of peas.
- Put mashed carrots in medium size mixing bowl.
- Break egg into separate small bowl and mix well with fork.
- Add oil to egg and mix well.
- Add oil/egg mixture to carrots.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to carrot mixture and stir until moist.
- Pour batter into muffin tins sprayed with nonstick spray or lined - about half full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. (To make 24 mini muffins, bake for about 20 minutes.) Test center of one muffin with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Cool 5 minutes. Best served warm.
1 oz. grains