|Source||Food Talk Farmer's Market|
Freshen up a hot summer's day with this vegetable-rich dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Cut bread into cubes and place on baking sheet. Drizzle vegetable oil over bread and toss to spread evenly. Bake for about 8 minutes until bread is golden brown.
- Rinse and dry green beans. Cut in half and place in a microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Microwave for 3 minutes then immediately put green beans in ice water to stop cooking. Set aside while prepping the other ingredients.
- Cut zucchini and summer squash in half, then slice.
- Combine squash. zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Pour Italian dressing over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Add toasted bread cubes right before serving.
- Prep ahead: chop veggies up to 1 day ahead. Toast can be made earlier in the day.
- You may find that a full cup of salad dressing is more than you need. Start by using half this amount and add more only as needed.
200 calories, 8g fat, 10g protein, 19g carb, 4g fiber, 810mg sodium, 40% vitmain C, 25% vitmain A, 6% iron, 20% calcium.