|Source||Food Talk Farmer's Market|
Let these tender and warmly spiced yams melt in your mouth on a chilly Winter day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender but firm (about 20 minutes). When cooled enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4" thickness.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Coat a medium-sized casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the sliced yams in the dish. Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add a second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same order as above. Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 20 minutes.
- For the orange peel, use a vegetable scraper to peel a thin layer off a washed orange, then mince with a sharp knife.
110 calories, 1g fat, 1g protein, 25g carb, 2g fiber, 125mg sodium, 30% vitamin C, 240% vitamin A, 4% calcium, 4% iron